I started making these fluffy foam bath paints a few years ago and my kids ask for them all the time. I’ve tried buying some of the bath crayons and bath paints you can buy in stores – but my kids use them up too fast and the crayons can be tough to wash off (you really have to scrub!). These are quick and easy to make. All you need is:
- foaming shave gel (I prefer unscented)
- food coloring
- a bowl, cup or other jar to hold the paint
- a paint brush
- a spoon for mixing (optional)
- Put a couple small drops of food coloring in the bottom of a small cup or bowl (I like to use muffin tins!).
- Add in some shave gel (it will foam up as you mix it)
- Whip it up together with a spoon or paint brush
That’s it. Now you’re ready to paint! You can mix up the food dye to make as many colors as you want to. The first time I made these I was worried the food coloring might stain the tub or the grout or even the kids – but the paints wash clean with absolutely no effort!
Give it a try and add some art to bath time! Stay wild & have fun!